Bylaw 21-05, being a bylaw in respect to buildings within in the RM of Invergordon was adopted at the Regular Meeting held December 16, 2021 and was approved by the Building & Technical Standards Branch (SK Min. of Gov. Relations) on December 20, 2021.
Click here to go to our Forms page to download a Building Permit or Demolition/Removal Permit
- This bylaw applies to matters governed by The Uniform Building & Accessibility Standards Act and the Regulations, including the National Building Code of Canada and the Administrative Requirements
- All residences, including farm/rural residences require a Building Permit
- Farm buildings remain exempt, by legislation
- Buildings under construction as of the date of adoption are exempt but the building standards remain applicable to an alteration, repair, renovation, demolition, relocation, removal or change of use or occupancy of such a building
- Accessory buildings with a size less than 10m2 (108ft2) are exempt, provided they do not create a hazard
- Demolition Permit required - $10.00 plus $500.00 deposit (refunded once site is cleaned-up post demolition)
Applying for a Building Permit to construct, erect, place, alter, repair, renovate or reconstruct a building
- Application Form
- Two (2) sets of plans & specifications
- $50.00 Application Fee
- Building Inspection Fee ($3.55 per $1000 of declared value of construction)
- MuniCode is the appointed building official for the RM
- Inspections may include, but shall not be limited to:
- Foundation inspection;
- Framing inspection;
- Final inspection;
- Basement development pre-inspection;
- Pre-move inspection.
Interim Development Control Bylaw
Bylaw 21-06, being a bylaw to establish interim zoning regulations within the RM of Invergordon was adopted at the Regular Meeting held October 13, 2021.
Click here to go to our Forms page to download a Development Permit
- implementation of permit fees: $100 for standard development & $200 for discretionary development
- the following applies to all property in the RM, including rural acreages and farms:
- a relocated residence must be approved on a discretionary permit prior to the residence being moved - exteriors must be complete within 12 months to a condition deemed satisfactory to the Council
- a mobile home, modular home, or park model home must be approved on a permit prior to the house being moved on
- a deck must be approved on a standard permit
- the following applies to parcels smaller than 5.0 acres in size (e.g. hamlets & lake lots):
- storage of up to two (2) all-terrain vehicles (defined as an ATV, Snowmobile, Boat - or similar unit) no permit required
- seasonal habitation of one (1) recreational vehicle (defined as an RV, Camper, Motorhome, Travel Trailer) must be approved on a discretionary permit prior to the unit being placed on the property - approval will only be granted to lots in Barney's Bay, Crystal Ridge and Eagle Bay if the applicant signs an acknowledgement that the recreational vehicle will be removed by September 15, 2024 if a dwelling isn't constructed
- prohibiting the seasonal habitation of a recreational vehicle at Barney's Bay, Crystal Ridge and Eagle Bay, without an established dwelling (or one under construction) as of September 15, 2024.
Standard Development ($100 Permit) - please allow 1-2 weeks for approval
- a single detached dwelling, ready-to-move (RTM) dwelling;
- mobile home, modular home, and park model mobile home on parcels 5.0 acres in size or larger;
- a 2nd dwelling on ag-parcels (non-intensive);
- a garage or garden suite, cottage guest house and bunkhouse, smaller in size than the principal dwelling;
- an accessory building or structure to an existing principal use on the same parcel which is 100ft2 or larger;
- change in use applications for commercial operations;
- agri-business operations;
- decks, patios, pergolas, and other similar structures; and
- seasonal habitation of one (1) recreational vehicle, without an established dwelling, on parcels 5.0 acres in size or larger.
Discretionary Development ($200 Permit) - please allow 1 month for approval
- mobile home, modular home, and park model mobile home on parcels smaller than 5.0 acres;
- move-in residential dwelling, previously used as a residence at a different location;
- seasonal habitation of one (1) recreational vehicle, without an established dwelling, on parcels smaller than 5.0 acres;
- gravel operations, exploration and processing;
- solid waste disposal facilities;
- intensive livestock operations consisting of 300 animals units or greater; and
- any other land use or development not specifically listed.
Guiding Documents for Agricultural, Hamlet and Lakeshores:
To be used as a guide only - includes references to other Bylaws in place within the RM. Please refer to the referenced Bylaw for exact wording and interpretation.
Zoning Bylaw & Official Community Plan
1. Helipad & Emergency Response Centre
- Status: Approved
- Applicant: Blackwater Holdings Ltd. c/o Adam Hartle
- Location: Parcel "F" Hegg Cres - Crystal Springs, SK
- Existing Parcel Size: 90m x 40m
- Existing Land Use: Natural/treed, no development
- Proposed Land Use: CRCC Wildfire Eastern Response Centre with helipad
- Please click here to read the full Public Notice and development summary
- Please click here to view a map of Crystal Springs
- Please click here to go to Minutes page and read the December 8, 2021 meeting minutes.
2. Shannon Lake Seasonal RV Campground
- Status: Approved
- Applicant: 101138005 Saskatchewan Ltd c/o Craig Jansen
- Location: SW 4-43-24-W2
- Existing Parcel Size: 137 acres
- Existing Land Use: Agricultural
- Proposed Land Use: Seasonal (Annual Lease) RV Campground, up to 70 sites, plus Recreational Area (Frisbee Golf/Playground)
- All sites to have power, water, septic services
- Council conditionally approved the application on October 13, 2021.
- Please click here to read the full proposal and map or click here to go to Minutes page and read the full resolution
3. Commercial Non-Hazardous Landfill
- Status: Approved
- Applicant: Greenland Waste (incorporated entity TBA)
- Location: SW 6-44-23-W2
- Council conditionally approved the application on April 29, 2021.
- Please click here to go to the Minutes page to read the full meeting minutes (containing more in-depth information on the application).